1. I acknowledge that my place on the programme shall only be secured after I have paid the registration fee invoice which shall be issued when Casterbridge Tours Limited trading as WorldStrides | CBL International confirms my participation.
2. I am solely responsible for obtaining all and any valid legal documents (passport, visa etc.), if applicable, which are required to travel to the host country. I am solely responsible for ensuring that my travel documents are in accordance with the requirements of the country or countries to which I am traveling during the programme, and it is my sole obligation to be adequately informed about the respective domestic laws for such country or countries and/or any other requirements or travel restrictions.
3. I understand that I will be subject to the laws of the country in which the programme is hosted. I agree to educate myself about these laws and to completely comply with those laws, including refraining from using, possessing or selling any drugs, alcohol, and/or other materials, such as weapons or picture, print, written or audio media that might be restricted or prohibited under the said laws. I understand that possession of any such materials, if restricted or prohibited, can be grounds for immediate expulsion from the programme, without refund. Further, any investigation against my person by any law enforcement agency may trigger my immediate expulsion from the programme. Such expulsion lays in the sole discretion of WorldStrides | CBL International via the Programme Director. In addition, I understand that should I have any legal problems while on programme, I will be responsible for any legal costs, including but not limited to, lawyer’s fees, court fees, translator’s fees, etc., which are incurred as a result. WorldStrides | CBL International cannot provide legal counsel in such circumstances, and cannot provide any other support in such cases. If WorldStrides | CBL International incurs any costs that arise out of my unlawful behaviour, I shall reimburse WorldStrides | CBL International fully for these costs on first demand.
4. WorldStrides | CBL International strongly recommends against owning or operating motor vehicles (including motorcycles, mopeds, cars and all other motorized vehicles) while on programme, for reasons including the inherent dangers, as applicable, of driving in a country with different traffic laws, driving habits, and insurance regulations. If, however, I do decide to operate a motor vehicle while on programme, I recognize that WorldStrides | CBL International and its agents or employees assume no responsibility for my safety and for costs or difficulties that I may incur, and that I participate in these activities at my own risk and that additional insurance might be required. It is my sole responsibility to obey all applicable laws and driving regulations.
5. I understand and acknowledge that there are inherent health risks associated with travelling, whether domestically or abroad. I agree that I am solely and personally responsible for obtaining all health information, instructions, consultations, medical procedures, immunizations and medications appropriate and required by law and/or WorldStrides | CBL International for my intended travel. While WorldStrides | WorldStrides | CBL International will make effort to accommodate and assist, I recognize that WorldStrides | CBL International is not responsible for food allergy or dietary requirements or restrictions, and I assume all risk and responsibility thereof. While WorldStrides | CBL International will make effort to accommodate and assist, I recognize that WorldStrides | CBL International is not responsible for any of my medical or medication needs and I assume all risk and responsibility thereof. I further agree that if I become incapacitated, WorldStrides | CBL International, through its agents and employees, may take whatever action is deemed necessary with respect to my health and safety. I hereby authorize WorldStrides | CBL International, its agents and employees to place me, at their sole discretion and without my further consent, in a hospital or in the care of a local doctor for medical services and treatment, as they think fit. If necessary or desirable and recommended by a doctor, I also authorize them to transport me back to my home state or country by commercial airline or otherwise for medical treatment, as they think fit. I agree that I will be fully and solely responsible for any and all expenses, including but not limited to transportation costs, treatment costs, and medical staff costs, associated with or in any way related to my medical care. I hereby waive any and all rights that I, my heirs, executors, administrators and assignees might have against WorldStrides | CBL International in regard of any action taken by WorldStrides | CBL International, if I become sick or injured whilst travelling. Furthermore, I shall indemnify WorldStrides | CBL International for all and any costs incurred by WorldStrides | CBL International that arise from my medical treatments, without any limitations.
6. I understand that, in the event of international travel, WorldStrides | CBL International strongly recommends that I visit a travel clinic/doctor to receive additional, country- specific health and travel information, and I will provide a copy of a certification that I do not present any health risks to the public health of the host country.
7. I understand that if I engage in any recreational activities, such as sports, tours, travel, or any other activities either as part of the programme, or during free-time outside of the organized programme activities, then WorldStrides | CBL International and its agents or employees shall assume no responsibility whatsoever for my safety, health, personal belongings, or any other liability for costs or difficulties that I may incur, and that I participate in these activities fully at my own risk, without any liability for WorldStrides | CBL International.
8. I agree that in the event that I become detached from the programme group due to failure to meet the programme group at an assigned time and place, I will bear all responsibility to seek out, contact, and reach the programme group at its next available
destination and I understand that I will bear all the costs involved in contacting and reaching the programme group. WorldStrides | CBL International shall not be responsible for any costs arising out of my failure to meet the programme group at an assigned time and place, and shall not be required to take any action to meet me. If WorldStrides | CBL International incurs any costs arising out or in connection with my failure to meet the programme group at an assigned time and place, I shall completely reimburse WorldStrides | CBL International for all such costs on first demand.
9. I agree to participate in the programme and itinerary organized and operated by WorldStrides | CBL International, including all planned activities on and off campus. I understand that WorldStrides | CBL International reserves the right to make cancellations, changes or substitutions in the programme at any time due to an emergency, changed conditions or the Programme Director’s determination or any other reason, when such changes or substitutions are in the best interest of the programme or its participants.
10. I understand that WorldStrides | CBL International is not responsible for the costs of replacing airline tickets if my chosen carrier ceases to operate.
11. WorldStrides | CBL International is not liable for a failure to perform its obligations if such failure is as a result of Force Majeure. Force Majeure is defined as an act of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities or threats thereof, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service. In such case, no refund shall be due to me.
12. I understand that if my participation in the programme is terminated by the Programme Director for any reason, I will be dismissed with no refund of fees. If I am dismissed before completion of the programme, I agree that I will be responsible for any and all costs and expenses associated with my return home, and that I will also be responsible for my own travel arrangements at home. I also understand that if I leave the programme voluntarily for any reason, including illness, I will be responsible for any and all costs and expenses associated with my return home and that there will be no refund of any fees. The decision to terminate my participation in the programme lies in the sole discretion of WorldStrides | CBL International and/or the Programme Director.
13. All courses and communications during the programme are conducted in English. I understand that I need to have and that I am solely responsible for having, sufficient English language skills to be able to understand and follow the courses fully, and to communicate with the Programme Director adequately. I understand that no refund can be claimed if I am unable to understand, complete or pass the course examinations because of limited English language skills.
14. I understand that if this programme contains any alcohol- related cultural event, that this event is not compulsory, that local laws will be enforced, and that I will be solely responsible for any injuries or property damage arising in relation to my participation in the event. I further confirm that I will only consume alcohol within my limitations and I will not do any act that will negatively influence the prestige and reputation of my school, WorldStrides | CBL International or any other person or institution related to the programme.
15. I understand that engaging in a political activity in any country, including but not limited to joining political parties or unions, participating in demonstrations, soliciting political material or picketing may be dangerous or against the laws of the host country. If I have legal problems because of such activities, I understand that WorldStrides | CBL International cannot provide legal counsel. I agree that I will not participate in any activity, legal or illegal, that could negatively influence the reputation of the programme,
WorldStrides | CBL International, or any affiliated persons or institutions. If WorldStrides | CBL International or the programme experiences any negative consequences due to my activities, I shall be responsible for all and any costs incurred or damage suffered by WorldStrides | CBL International.
16. I understand and agree that there are unavoidable risks in studying and travelling both domestically and abroad, and I hereby release and confirm on behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assignees, not to sue WorldStrides | CBL International, or its employees, officers, regents and agents, for any damages or injury (including death) caused by, derived from, or associated with my participation in the programme, except for such damages or injury as may be caused by the gross negligence of wilful misconduct of WorldStrides | CBL International, or its employees, officers, regents and agents. It is my express intent that this release shall bind the members of my family and spouse if I am alive, and my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a Release, Waiver, Discharge, and Covenant Not to Sue the above-mentioned parties.
17. I agree that, should any provision or aspect of this agreement be found to be unenforceable, all remaining provisions of this agreement will remain in full force and effect.
18. I agree to receive information updates before, during and after the programme from WorldStrides | CBL International is entitled to give their partners (e.g. companies, law firms, institutions, media, etc.) access to the alumni network which shall include my contact details.
20. I agree to receive the newsletter of WorldStrides | CBL International before, during and after the programme.
21. I agree that any dispute concerning, relating, or referring to this Agreement, any materials related to the programme, or to the programme itself shall be resolved exclusively by binding arbitration in Charlottesville, VA, according to the then existing commercial rules of the American Arbitration Association. Such proceedings will be governed by the substantive (but not procedural) law of Virginia. The arbitrator and not any federal, state, or local court or agency shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, conscionability, or formation of this Agreement, including but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this Agreement is void or voidable.
22. I certify that my agreement to the provisions contained herein is wholly voluntary. I certify that I am at least 18 years of age or that I am the legal guardian of a participant under the age of 18 and I agree on my own and his/her behalf. I certify that I have read and understood the above.